Motorcycle CBT & Moped CBT Ipswich
If you want to ride a motorcycle, motorbike or moped in the UK, you'll generally have to take a CBT (compulsory basic training certificate) if you do not have the full category or equivalent on your driving licence. Nothing could be simpler! You just need to attend with both parts of your driving licence and at the end of the day, you should leave with your compulsory basic training certificate (DL196).
Our CBT course in Ipswich is run from Ipswich just outside of the town centre, generally as a 1 day course. The course is aimed at providing you quality compulsory basic training to get you on the road independently. You will not be expected to know how to ride, we aim to instruct from complete novice up to a safe basic standard by the end of the day. What's most important is you feel safe and confident by the end of it!
What age do I need to be…?
- Moped 50cc or under (geared or auto) - Age 16
- 125cc motorcycle or under (geared or auto) - Age 17+
driveRiches CBT Course Ipswich - What's included?
- Bike hire (either 50cc moped or 125cc motorcycle)
- Kit hire. Helmet, gloves, waterproofs, jacket, high viz, boots, etc
- Quality training from DVSA approved instructors. Instruction over and above the national standard.
- 1 day training. This is not a pass or fail course. It is a certificate to say you've attended and met the standard.
- CBT certificate valid for 2 years.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Both parts of your driving licence (paper counterpart and plastic photocard)
- Suitable footwear. Good shoes or boots with ankle protection. No steel toecaps!
- Denim jeans or tough trousers. Motorcycle trousers if you have them!
- Glasses or contact lenses for corrected vision if needed. You need to read a number plate from 20.5 meters.
- Basic understanding of "roadcraft", the highway code and traffic signs.
- Yourself! The course is for beginners. You'll not be expected to ride a bike out the door!
:: CBT Prices with Hire
The single day CBT course run from our Ipswich training ground. Inclusive of bike hire, helmet, gloves, jacket, etc...
1 Day CBT Course - £98
Fast Track CBT Course - £90
:: CBT Prices without Hire
As with our standard CBT course but without the hire cost. You bring your own insured bike and equipment. This is suitable for the experienced rider looking to renew their current DL196 CBT certificate.
1 Day CBT Course - £90
Fast Track CBT Course - £80